Sunday, September 23, 2007

Road Trip!


Just got back from a little road trip with some of the BSS girls. Went to visit a couple scrap/stamp stores in Rochester with a little side trip to the cutest little doodad store ever, where, for about a half a second, I contemplated buying a mont blanc fountain pen. it was lovely, it was $520.00!!!! (not really that lovely!) So anyways, back to the scrapbook store. I bought a collection of PP, which I never do, and to top it off, it was SEI, which I normally dislike. I am in love with this paper. Truly, Madly Deeply. (such a good song!) This paper is beyond touchable, almost wallpaper like and spotted with flock. I cannot wait to create something with it. I am worried I will ruin it. I may just have to keep it for a while and just look at it. Lovely.

Here's a LO I made this weekend of my DD's from last Halloween. Took me long enough to scrap them, but was having a bit of trouble getting inspired. I'm happy with the results. I usually have issues with holiday related pages which is probably why it took me so long to get to it.


My quote for today:

A man can do only what he can do. But if he does that each day he can sleep at night and do it again the next day... Albert Schweitzer

All I could do today was shop... Bodes well for tomorrow, doesn't it?

6 comments:

Nicole said...

will have to check out that SEI paper...now i'm curious!

love the layout =)

joanne (spagirl) said...

glad you had fun!! i wish i could have gone ... but i needed the time to do more organizing (it's so overwhelming for me!) and i have no $$$ right now!! is the doo-dad store paperleigh or something like that? i love rochester! see ya later!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Hi Elisabeth-had to check first thing this am to see if you had posted anything with that paper yet-lol! (yes it is really is that awesome!)I had a blast yesterday- so glad I went :D

Joanne- the doodad store was Parkleigh. Soooo cool. I plan to do a little Christmas shopping there- it was so much fun. Oh and btw- Sharon is getting some SEI cat paper and hopefully velvet iron-ons to match, so I imagine she'll get some of that cool paper in at the same time.

Donna said...

I was so impressed that you blogged already! I almost half expected to see a layout with the SEI papers! What a blast yesterday was. I wish we could Canada next weekend! Sharon is just the best! See you soon!

Kim said...

OK, I'm jealous!! Let me know what stores they were so I can do the road trip someday!! Cute layout!!