Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Letterboxing

I heard about this from a friend at BSS and I thought it sounded quite interesting. It's like geocaching only the hunt is to find a box that contains a stamp. LETTERBOXING is an intriguing pastime combining navigational skills and rubber stamp artistry in a charming "treasure hunt" style outdoor quest. Sounds like so much fun, definately something I want to try as soon as the weather gets a bit warmer. Looking at the site I was so surprised at the number of boxes hidden all over North America, there were 18 just in the little town I live in..places I've visited multiple times over the years. I love the thought of finding these boxes. carefully hidden over the years, and maybe even hidding some of my own. Can't wait till spring to start the hunt!

6 comments:

ZoomZoomZoom said...

that sounds fun! I've heard of "geocaching" but never really knew what it was.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the first time I've heard of letterboxing. Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Ooops, didn't mean to post anonymously. :-)

Allison Cope said...

I love geocaching and this would make it that much FUNNER (I know.. not a word but still!!)

Donna said...

This sounds like great fun! I'd like to try some in my area once spring and summer come. Thanks for the link!

Donnalee said...

You are going to become addicted to this! My daughter and I have been doing it for a couple of years( starting with stamps from BS&S) Try to get in touch with a group that has meet ups - you'll learn so much from them!