Monday, December 28, 2009

H{ippity} Hop Blog Hop 12/28/09

Good morning everyone and welcome to my first ever H{ippity} Hop post! I'm so excited to be a part of this fun parade of projects featuring ippity stamps! Please stop by the Ippity Blog for the list of names of the talented and inspiring ladies who will be sharing their work with you today!

I used the Kissmas and Mistletoe stamp set for todays card, which was based on CPS sketch # 93:



The background is snowflake embossed vellum. I white embossed the snowman on grungeboard, cut it out and inked with broken china distress ink. The snowflake has a light coating of broken china distress stickles, and I finished it off with a spritz of marshmallow glimmer mist, just to add a hint of sparkle. Thanks for visiting, have fun on the rest of the hop!

24 comments:

Lisa H. said...

wow! LOVE this, that giant snowflake looks great with the snowman. nice work and so glad you joined the fun today!

Eva said...

I love this card and wow, you have done so many amazing things on it...gorgeous!!!

Andrea said...

Very wintery! Great layering!

Just Me said...

I just love this snowman...I never get tired of it!

Unknown said...

this is awesome, so kool!

eryn hannig said...

Ohhh I LOVE this!! and SO HAPPY you have decided to join us on this fun Hippity Hop!! :)

cardsister said...

Your work is so beautiful! I love the color combinations and the layout is fantastic. I feel like I need to study the dictionary to find new "awesome" words to describe what you have done-I love looking at what you have accomplished with a stamp and paper! Great job...

Heather said...

Snow much fun! Love the gigantor snowflake in the bg! Ok, so I'm such a nerd on the word play (or just in general), but I do so love this card!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! I love the embossed snowman :)

Anonymous said...

very cool card! i love the snowy theme :)

xoxo
sarabeth

Ashley Newell said...

This card is lovely! The snowflake is awesome!

Kelly Mahany said...

So glad you joined us on today's hope Elisabeth! I sure hope you'll be back! This is a gorgeous card!! I love the embossing and the technique on the grungeboard snowman!! It's all amazing!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Beautiful! :)

Jessy said...

Very pretty card, I really like the giant snowflake and the snowman resting on it. FABULOUS!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Those Xmassy images are one of my fav stamp sets! Luv your card!

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, what excellent answer.

Scrapacat said...

Love this vintage style distressed card. Brilliant!
~ky

Barbara said...

what a gorgeous card!

Teresa Kline said...

I like both of your first two post, both cards are gorgeous, great style and details!

enjoy *~*

Rona said...

very pretty card :)

Fleursbydesign said...

Gorgeous card!

Cheri said...

Beautiful!

Angie Blom said...

fantastic card

Natalie said...

I love everything about this card, it was put together with so many layers very very nicely!