Thursday, February 11, 2010

The view outside my kitchen window...

As a displaced Buffalonian, I am feeling quite at home today. These pictures were taken yesterday evening. Today the sun is shinning brightly and everything is shimmering like diamonds:






Last night I decided to tackle the white space challenge at 365 cards. Basically, all decoration had to stay in the lower right corner of the card. Not easy for me...really not easy. I decided if this was going to be minimalist, I would go one step further and do tone on tone...or craft on craft, as the case may be. I pop doted a craft cardstock label onto a craft card blank, stamped my quote and added some simple buttons. A tiny bit of shading to help the label stand out a bit and I was done! Can I tell you hard it was to stop there? (it helped that I liked it, just as it was...) but honestly, a bit of doodling around the card...ok...the challenge didn't say anything about the inside of the card....by the way....if anyone recognizes the quote stamp and knows who the manufacturer is, I'd appreciate it if you would tell me in the comments..it's from an acrylic set, which includes some flowers and frames and parentheses. I just love the set, lost the packaging and wish I knew who made it! Thanks for the visit!

6 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

love it.. love the buttons!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

that is a tough challenge for sure! but you did a great job! I love the buttons, and the shading you added looks lovely!

Jessica said...

LOVE IT!!! It's gorgeous!!! Definitely going to have to CASE it. :)

Marina said...

love it.. love the buttons! [2]

Pam said...

Wow - you've really made the most of this challenge because your card is gorgeous!

Jen Peel said...

Ooooooo!!! It's my kind of challenge!! I might have to partake! I love your sample!!!