Monday, May 31, 2010

I love a long weekend!

So glad for this extra day off, think I'm just gonna put my feet up and get some much needed rest and relaxation today! The wedding went off without a hitch, the ceremony was beautiful, the reception fantastic - I just can't say enough - I'm gonna have enough scrapbooking inspiration for many months to come! Can't wait to get my hands on all the pics! So, I thought I'd share the card I made for the wedding present for this week's {ippity} hop. (For the full list of hop participants click here. ) I used October Afternoon paper and the mini set"books a flutter" as well as the label stamp from "A Moment in Time". Literature plays a very important role in my daughter's life and I just knew I had to use this adorable book stamp for her card. I used this fantastic sketch from Card Patterns and did a bit of paper piecing to create this:




Thanks so much for stopping by!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

such wonderful details in this little card!!! love it to pieces.

lisa a.

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! Love it!

Sarah said...

Love your card! I love this {ippity} set. Wonderful connection from front to inside!

Andrea said...

love this card - all the texture and patterns are lovely.

Arlene said...

Charming - absolutely charming!

Poppit said...

Oh sweet! Love the country-cottage look.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! I love everything about it!!! TFS!~

Kate said...

Lovely :0) I wasnt sure about that stamp but the more i see it used the more im thinking of getting it.
Kate x

Heather said...

So beautiful! LOVE the colors and the different patterns! Stunning!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous card! :)

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! I love all the colours!

Susan B. said...

What a sweet and beautiful card Elizabeth!

shuggy said...

very pretty!

Cheryl said...

Love all the details on the card Elisabeth. Love the sentiment on the inside!

Unknown said...

Love all the awesome papers you used on this card, and it is such a fabulous card Elisabeth! So glad to hear the wedding went well..look forward to seeing some wedding layouts next!

dstandard said...

Such a Thanks for playing at Card Patterns! cool card - great details!

whoistracy said...

This is adorable! I am quickly falling in love with that little stamp- gotta have it!

Karen said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love all the paper piecing, and colors..and the inside is such a great idea!!

NinaB said...

I love all the layers - so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns.