Monday, July 19, 2010

It's a rainy Monday

here in Northern Jersey..pouring rain, thunder and lightning and I love it!  Hopefully it will cool things down some, but I'm not overly optimistic.  Well, Christmas card season started this week in the Ostrowski scraproom,  and right away I reached for the "Season of Joy" kit to create this following card.  The background is stamped with a SU! background stamp on green cardstock, then I embossed a Studio 490 splatter stamp with tacky powder and applied crystal loose glitter for a glimmery snowflake effect.  Lots of distress inks to give this a worn look, a bit of krylon edging and tada...done!




Don't forget to check the {ippity} blog for the full listing of h{ippity} hop participants, and have a wonderful week everyone!



Photobucket

20 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Lovely card!!

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a great Christmas card...I love the scallops along the bottom!

Eva said...

What a pretty card Elisabeth!!! Just love it....can't wait to see more of your Christmas cards! And hope the weather cools off for you with the rain! Hugs..

lynn said...

this is gorgeous, elisabeth:)

Aleks said...

Ohhow cute! I love the sparkle!! ooohhh!! I love how you used those itty bitty stamps!

Bogner's said...

What a beautiful Christmas Card! I can't wait for my set to show up so I can start making my cards. I will have to keep yours in mind for later!

Susan B. said...

Elizabeth this card is beautiful! I love how you outlined the die cut, you did an amazing job!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Oh this is so pretty!

Love the sparkles!!

Have agreat week...and I love thunderstorms too!! :)

JenMarie said...

LOVE this!

dahlhousedesigns said...

cute christmas card!!!

lisa a.

NoraAnne said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love the background you created!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

This is so pretty, love the sparkle and did I hear ice coffee??? Wow could use that down here, 100 again. Thanks for stopping by my blog, really appreciate it, too bad Lucky isn't big on sharing cookies. :)

Angie Blom said...

Beautiful card. I just love the colours.

Christiana said...

I love it! It has such a great, distressed, vintagey look to it. And the glitter was the perfect touch. :o)

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a lovely Christmas creation. Love the sparkle!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Oh wow this is so pretty!!!

Karen said...

Love the shabby Christmas look! Gorgeous!!

Jessy said...

what a beautiful holiday card.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Very nice holiday card. I like the simplicity of the design made fancy by the lacy border and shaped sentiment.

Cass said...

Very pretty!