Monday, April 25, 2011

Way too long!

The last time I blogged I was running away to California to find some warm weather and today it looks the warm weather found me here in Jersey.  I've been too long away and am super happy to join the {ippity} hop again!  Today I have a couple things to share with you; first, an envelope book made with the LYB Twig line.  I used the Bird stamp from the "Sing a New Song" set, and used different bird images from assorted sets on the pages.


Next is a card I created for the color challenge at the Play Date Cafe:  pink, red and light blue.   I used Pink Paislee paper and my favorite {ippity} sentiment, which can be found in the "So This Is Love" set.  I finished it off with some baker's twine, a strip of pink cotton fabric, a button and some machine stitching.  Although you can't tell in the picture, the red scalloped border is made with microfine glitter.  



All {ippity} stamp sets are available for purchase right HERE! 
The full listing of  hop participants can be found HERE!

Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a wonderful week!  Till next time...


Photobucket

21 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

Glad to see you, elisabeth! Love you book cover and pretty card!

Anonymous said...

Your crafts are so awesome!! Glad you blogged about them...and I have to tell you I am guilty of not blogging for months. Life just gets in the way.

Susan B. said...

Elizabeth, your projects are just gorgeous! It's so nice to see you again!

Fiona said...

Good to see you back....and thanks for sending the California sunshine over to the UK!! Two lovely projects - your rest has obviously rejuvenated you and I look forward to seeing what you come with next.

NoraAnne said...

I'm so glad you're back to blogging~I love your projects, the cover of your little book is amazing! I love all the layers and details and the card is very pretty! I'm enjoying the beautiful weather here in NJ today too! Off to play outside soon with my son!

shuggy said...

amazing creations!!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa H. said...

wow! gorgeous work, here! looove these.

Patricia said...

Beautiful projects, Elizabeth! I love all the elements on the first one and using the fabric to make a ribbon on the second is GENIUS!

Dixie said...

They are both beautiful! Just stunning!

Lynn said...

love the cover of that mini-album...I want to see more of it! very cute!

Michele Kovack said...

Both are so pretty!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You're from Jersey? I'm from Jersey! (remember Joe Piscopo saying that on Saturday Night LIve?) No, really, I'm from Jersey. Haddon Township, about 10 minutes from PHilly.

So...I am lovin' both of your creations, and I see that you and I have the same great taste in patterned paper (I used that same Pink Paislee piece on my card this week!). ;) Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Play Date Cafe! (PS - just 'followed' you)

Tania said...

Beautiful projects

Andrea Ewen said...

What a small world, I'm from Jersey too! About a mile from the ocean in South Jersey. I was all about the weather today! Can't get warm too soon for me at all!
I love both of your cards, the top one is so wonderfully intricate and earthy and the second card is so fabulously elegant! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
(Oh, and I'm following you too!)
I know both NoraAnne and Colleen~ the sweetest gals you ever want to meet...probably because they're from Jersey...lol!

Jennipher said...

Elisabeth these are both fabulous cards! Love that little birdie from Ippity.

Jaclyn Miller said...

Very pretty! That rose paper is a perfect choice for this color palette. Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

Donna said...

Welcome back girlfriend! We've been wondering where you were. Glad to see the creativity flowing. I even watched some of the Sabres games thinking of you. Not too much, but enough to make me change the channel in case my watching jinxed them. Guess it wasn't me!

Cheryl said...

So happy you are blogging again! Beautiful projects!

Samantha said...

I love your style great mini book and card.

Amber said...

Good to see you back....and thanks for sending the California sunshine over to the UK!! Two lovely projects - your rest has obviously rejuvenated you and I look forward to seeing what you come with next.