Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Night Light!

When this month's Addicted Scrappers kit came in the mail, my first thought was, oh my...this is going to be a challenge, all those little monsters, what am I gonna make with this? But when I looked beyond the monster theme, I realized, as always, October Afternoon did not dissapoint! The papers are really versatile...I even came up with an altered project for Christmas! So, I started digging through my big box of "very old, not very scrapable" pics and found some of Michal when he was a little boy. After a little PSE magic... viola, totally scrapable pics! Here's a few of the projects I've made so far with the kit:

I Love the combination of glitter and monster in this card; I think I'll use it for Michal's next birthday, a little silliness on such a serious occasion! (He'll be turning 18!!!)



I added a piece of craft paper to the kit for this layout, it just seemed like the perfect backdrop for this design. You can't tell from the pic, but the background paper is a chapter from the book "The Wind in the Willows" called "The Open Road" - how perfect for these pics?!
This layout was my favorite, I just love the way the blurry picture of my son on the slide looks here and I learned something valuable while working with this kit, especially this layout... Keep your options open...don't pigeonhole yourself into a certain style or color scheme. Explore and have fun with your art! Who would have thought I'd fall in love with a RED layout??? okay, so I added a bit of green...I couldn't help myself :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stuff!!! Your layouts are both adorable and the card is great too!!

leah said...

I love the idea of the text you included on the background!!!! :) Such a cute card, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Everything is so cute Elisabeth! You are one talented lady. ;)

Lisa Carroll said...

I love both of these layouts! They are amazing, and that is such a cool idea to use part of a book for your layout!

Elisabeth said...

The text is actually the backside of one of the OA papers!