Saturday, October 31, 2009

2 firsts...

So Magda and I are power watching all the seasons of "How I met your mother" and we're about 2/3 done with the first season...LOVE this show and highly recommend it ! In one of the episodes we watched today, this young couple was worried that they won't have any more "firsts" and it got me to thinking..wouldn't it be nice if, everyday, we did something new, something different then we've ever done before. Now I'm not talking huge things, like a cruise or a trip to Las Vegas, but little everyday things. We can choose to celebrate those moments, those everyday "firsts", we just need to stop for a moment and identify them as special...that brand new recipe you've never tried before, the first time you've ever gone to a sporting event where your team was "away" (and they crushed the Devils, but that's a different story...) I think that's why I love paper crafting so much, each time I sit down to make something, it's brand new and never been made before. This evening I had 2 firsts in my scrap room. For the first time I made a card using flower soft (ok, this stuff is fun!) and I made a "tall" card, inspired by a challenge on Caardvarks. How exciting to think of all the "firsts" just waiting for me everyday!





3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Love the texture ... and what a cool frame ... great tall card design.

lauren bergold said...

well for starters may i say your tall card is WONDERFUL and truly lovely; i particularly love the way you've done the sentiment! ♥

also, i am VERY inspired by your post! i've been in a sort of experimental crafty phase anyway, but you've made me think how cool it would be to consciously try SOME new small... something ...every single day! thank you, i think this could be a "lightbulb" sort of moment for me! :)

Lesley Langdon said...

What a cool card! Love all that texture!