Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the swing of things!

Happy New Year everyone, it seems like it's been forever since I've blogged or even had some time to create something!  Yesterday I finally stole away to my craft room and puttered around a bit - a little cleaning and organization and I even got a chance to make a few cards for challenges.  They're all Birthday cards as I;m trying to replenish my stash for the coming year :)

The first card was made based on this week's sketch at "Just Us Girls". I used the "Party Hat Wishes" {ippity} set, some SEI papers and finished it off with some ribbon, dew drops and glitter:


Next is a color challenge from the Play Date Cafe, with shades of pink and beige.  I stamped the background with Gurnsey Gingham, and used the "Cherish Your Dreams" and "Fall for You" sets.  Ribbon and a button finish it off:


and finally I have a card based on this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch.  More SEI birthday paper, detailed with some May Arts trim, buttons  and brads as well as some sepia accents on the chocolate of the cupcake and Rock candy stickles on the flowers.  I used the "Cuppy Cakes" and "Party Hat Wishes" {ippity} sets:


All {ippity} stamp sets are available for purchase right Here
The full listing of  hop participants can be found here!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!  Till next time...



  Elisabeth

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I have soooo missed your posts!!! Don't ever do that to me again!!!! xo

Connie Mercer said...

Hi E !!! The cards are so cute especially the cupcake one. Love how you colored it.!!! Happy NY!!!

jennifer mitten said...

Great cards!

Angie Blom said...

WOW.. these are stunning cards! I love the way you take your photo's.. amazing stuff Elizabeth.. glad to have you back on the hop!!

Andrea M said...

WoW! These are some fun and colorful cards!! So beautiful!!! Love your take on the JUGS sketch!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Kathryn B said...

Very pretty and colorful cards!

Thanks for getting sketchy with JUGS this week!

Erika said...

Love your cards. They're so fun. The colors are great!

Altered by Jenn said...

Loved all the cards!

StampinCathy said...

Love all the birthday cards. Great color combos.

Poppit said...

I love the explosion of PINK on this post! Gorgeous cards!

Martha galvez said...

Love your cards!! Great Job!.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all three cards--I love how you stamped on ribbon...and that cupcake looks super delicious! LOVE IT:)

Rachel B said...

All 3 cards are fabulous! I love the glittery sentiment on the first one!

Gardner's Basket said...

Great cards!! I think the first is my favorite. I love the colors.

farmhouse-story said...

i'm glad your back:) love the cards-my fav is the last one-love the pom poms!

Donna said...

Glad to have you back. I'm loving the first stamp that looks like an eye chart! Too cute! Sharon's got us doing inventory and I'm writing for the newsletter and, gasp, doing a few classes...We'll see how that works out. Have a good week, talk to you soon.

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a great lot of birthday cards....you have been busy!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Oh My Gosh! Elisabeth I love all of these!!
You did a Gorgeous job!!

Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing!

Happy New Year!

Susan B. said...

Beautiful cards Elizabeth!

stampjourney said...

All great cards! You'll have your birthday stash built up in no time!

Nancy B said...

Great cards, love the cupcake!

shuggy said...

all these cards are great!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card creations!

Liz said...

So cutteeeee Elisabeth

Lea L. said...

All three are wonderful! I love the fun papers you used, and the clean lines on all of them! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week! ♥♥♥

Kristii said...

Absolutely wonderful work Elisabeth!!!! It's good to see your work again!! Take care!!!

Suzana said...

That is so elegant and gorgeous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So, SO fun! Love those cuppy cakes! Eeek! :)